Name of the Project : A detailed study to understand the Non-Putrefying property of River Ganga in both water and sediment
Name of the Posts :
- Junior project fellow (1 post)
- Senior project fellow (1 post)
Project Code No. : GAP 322426
Age limit :
- Junior project fellow – 28 years
- Senior project fellow – 32 years
* Age limit as shown above is relaxable by 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to
SC/ST community and 3 years in respect of candidates belonging to OBC community.
Consolidated fixed emoluments per month :
- Junior project fellow – Rs. 25,000/- (including HRA)
- Senior project fellow – Rs. 28,000/- (including HRA)
Job Requirement : Sample collection, molecular biology, microbiology experiments as instructed.
Minimum Prescribed Educational Qualifications :
Junior Project Fellow:
- M.Sc. or M.Tech. degree in Microbiology/ Biotechnology from recognized university with minimum 60% marks (aggregate).
Senior Project Fellow:
- M.Sc. degree Microbiology/Biotechnology/ Environmental science from recognized university with minimum 60 % marks (aggregate).
- Minimum 2 years of research experience.
- At least 1 relevant publication in peer reviewed international journal.
Desirable experience, if any :
- Sound knowledge in microbial system, molecular biology and enzymology will be preferred.
- Willing to do extensive travelling for sample collection in various parts of India.
How to Apply:
Applications giving full particulars in the following format may kindly be submitted: (1)
Name of the applicant, (2) Date of Birth, (3) Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Original
Caste/Community Certificate issued by competent authorities to be produced at the time of
interview in support of the claim). (4) Educational Qualification (furnish details commencing
from SSC), (5) Experience indicating full details, (6) Address for communication, (7) Any
close relation** working in NCL, if yes, give details. (8) Telephone No., (9) Email address
(10) Signature (on application and biodata).
The prescribed educational qualifications are a bare minimum and merely
possessing of same will not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of
applications received in response to this Notice of engagement is large, it may not be
convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendation of the
Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to reasonable limits after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed in the Notice. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
The application with the above information duly signed together with photo-copies of
relevant certificates/testimonials should be addressed to : The Head, NCIM Resource
Centre (Attn Dr. Mahesh Dharne), National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, so as to reach on or before 16.02.2018.
The candidates short listed by the Screening Committee for being called for interview
would be notified on the Divisional Notice Board on 19.02.2018 (after 4pm) or the
candidates may ascertain the information by contacting the following telephone No.: (Name: Mrs. Shalaka on Telephone No. 25902670).
The short listed candidates will be required to appear to appear for an interview
before the Selection Committee in Conference Room, NCIM Resource Centre of the
Laboratory at 10AM am on 22.02.18. No interview call letter will be issued separately
No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview. Selected candidates will
have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of engagement.
Application Deadline – on or before 16.02.2018.